Thursday 28 June 2012

All my posts recently have been holiday and summer orientated. However, today half the country is flooded and it is positively chilly so I've decided to deviate slightly - we'll put a hold on the English optimism for tonight. I've always been a fan of chunky knits as long as the look is 'finished' rather than scruffy. This Zara jumper is perfect as it has the casual look of a classic knit but the open back adds drama to an otherwise simple garment. I'm currently reading 'Luella's Guide to English Style' which mentions the perfect mid wash jeans from introduction to finish, and I do believe I have found them. The denim is not so light it's borderline bleached, but not so dark that it kills the outfit. The loose fit of the top needs a skinny jean for balance. The shoes that feature in this post are the most unique brogues I've come across for a while and have a Spring/Summer edge whilst maintaining the classic look. The tan holdall bag is a statement piece that will fit with the majority of outfits and completes the casual yet thought-out look of the knit trend. I've included Vivienne Westwood earrings in this outfit because they never leave my ears, and the logo itself is enough to lift an outfit from normal to above and beyond. They're a bit of a splurge but well worth the money if you are a fan of the brand. If not, find something that suits you but keep it simple and classy; they'll become timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment